The RAM 2500 has been a powerful workhorse in the pickup truck segment since it first rolled off the assembly line. Previously sold under the Dodge name, Chrysler dropped the brand name from its pickup trucks in 2006, and it has been sold as simply the RAM 2500 ever since.
The mid-tier 2500 has seen various revisions and overhauls in the past five years, culminating with the current 2015 model year. Truck enthusiasts will be pleased with the range of trim levels offered in the 2015 RAM 2500, packed with enough power and amenities to fit into any lifestyle and budget.
The most notable trim level package, the Power Wagon, sets itself apart from all other RAM 2500 models, featuring numerous unique standard features. Drivers can get back to the root of the pickup truck with the Cummins diesel engine, which offers more power than the standard HEMI V8.
Regardless of trim level, engine type, or standard features, the 2015 RAM 2500 is a pickup truck that lives to perform, and impress.
From Pure Workhorse to the Perfect Truck
The 2015 RAM 2500 truly is the perfect truck for everyone. Whether you are looking for a heavy-duty pickup that works hard, or a luxury truck to get you to and from the office, there is a Ram 2500 calling your name.
Check out the various trim levels and a sampling of what they offer below:
Starting at $30,685, the Tradesman is perfect for the working man or woman, who needs a quality workhorse truck.
- Power & Performance: Standard 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine. The Tradesman has a max payload of 3,970 pounds. The standard 18,000-pound class V trailer tow hitch helps the pickup to achieve a max towing rating of 17,970 pounds.
- Rugged Exterior: Available in a regular or crew cab, the Tradesman comes standard with 17-inch styled steel wheels. The standard halogen headlamps will help you see what is ahead, whether on or off the road. The optional RAMBOX cargo management system offers lockable storage, with remote access with the click of a button.
- Practical Interior: The standard electronic vehicle information center and 12-volt auxiliary power outlet will help keep you connected on the go. Standard Uconnect 3.0 RA1 system will ensure you can listen to the radio no matter where you go. The vinyl 40/20/20 split bench seats can work to accommodate anything you need inside the cabin.
Starting at $34,510, the SLT is a true performance truck.
- Under the Hood: The 18,000-pound class V trailer tow hitch can tow up to 17,740 pounds. The truck itself has a max payload of 3,910 pounds, and the standard 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine delivers capable power and efficiency. The standard trailer brake control helps ensure your precious towing cargo remains right where it should.
- Exterior Amenities: Available in regular, crew, or mega cab, the SLT has it all. The optional tailgate lift assist, power side exterior mirrors, and box rail caps help the SLT perform its job even more efficiently.
- Interior Sophistication: Power door locks are standard on all cab options, with power sliding rear windows as an option. The cloth 40/20/20 split bench seats adjust to the unique needs of each driver, and the 12-volt standard auxiliary power outlet will keep all of your devices connected.
With a starting MSRP of $40,565, the Ram 2500 Big Horn does not compromise on power or prestige.
- Performance Where it Counts: The standard 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine, and 18,000-pound class V trailer tow hitch, work together to tow up to 17,440 pounds. The Big Horn has a max payload of 3,510 pounds, and it comes standard with an anti-spin rear differential.
- Hard Working Exterior: Available in crew or mega cab, the Big Horn features standard fog lamps, and the choice of twelve different exterior colors.
- Interior Class: The available 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen with navigation will help keep you on your intended path. The Big Horn comes with a standard 115-volt auxiliary power outlet, that will keep everything you have, powered on. The premium cloth upholstery is comfortable, and the 60/40 split folding back seats can help accommodate any cargo.
This next level-up starts at $45,100.
- Power You Have Come to Expect: This trim level offers the same engine and towing/payload capacity as the Ram 2500 Big Horn.
- Exterior that Excites: Available in both crew or mega cab, the Laramie can be decked out in one of 22 color options. The bifunctional projector headlamp will light the way ahead, no matter what the weather outside is doing.
- Upgraded Interior: The standard dual-zone automatic temperature control will keep drivers and passengers at the perfect level of comfort. With a standard audio system with nine amplified speakers with subwoofer, music in a truck has never sounded so good. The LED interior lighting comes standard, as well as Parkview rear back-up camera for added safety.
This powerful truck is perfect for nature-lovers, and begins at $44,795. It features the same engine option, anti-spin rear-differential, and towing capacity that the Big Horn and Laramie trim levels offer.
- Outdoorsy Exterior: Standard tow hooks, fog lamps, and seventeen color options offer a rugged and practical look. Available in crew cab and 4x4.
- Interior Luxury: The premium cloth bucket seats with 10-way power driver’s seat, and available 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen system, will have you riding in interior luxury.
The One and Only Power Wagon
The 2015 Ram 2500 Power Wagon trim level is the ultimate in luxury and practicality, whether on or off the road. For less than $50,000, it offers the best value for the amount of standard features.
Check out all that it offers below, and why it is the best option for pickup truck drivers who want it all.
The standard V8 HEMI 6.4-liter engine with 410 horsepower, and 429 lb.-ft. of torque, and four-wheel-drive can power through any terrain. The Power Wagon comes standard with limited slip differential, block heater, mode select transmission, sequential sport shift, and variable valve control.
Featuring a refined yet practical interior, drivers will love all of the amenities, that don’t overpower the pickup truck “feel.”
- Remote keyless entry
- Tilt-steering wheel
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Rear seat center armrest
- Power door mirrors
- Left rear passenger door
- Heated door mirrors
- Front and rear cupholders
- Power windows
- Maximum seating capacity of six
Offering more features than any other trim level, the rugged exterior of the Power Wagon is as practical as it is handsome.
- Four doors
- Fully automatic headlights
- Front fog lights
- Outside temperature display
- Alloy wheels
Get 800+ Lb.-Ft. of Torque with the Cummins Diesel
For drivers who want all the power, the 6.7-liter Cummins Turbo Diesel I6 engine delivers. This powerful engine has best-in-class towing capacity of 17,970 pounds, and features a class-exclusive smart diesel exhaust brake.
With 370-horsepower, delivering 800 lb.-ft. of torque, the Cummins Turbo Diesel engine is a force to be reckoned with. Not only does it offer dependable power performance, it will also save drivers money on regularly scheduled maintenance.
Drivers can expect a best-in-class 15,000-mile oil change interval, previously unheard of in the automotive industry.