After being on hiatus since 2012, the GMC Canyon is back for the 2015 model year - and it is packing more features than ever before. The all-around multipurpose, midsize pickup truck has been produced by General Motors since 2004. The Canyon was designed to replace the GMC Sonoma compact pickup truck, and quickly became a valuable part of the GMC lineup.
The 2015 GMC Canyon debuted at the 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, and was met with rave reviews, and anticipation for the newly designed truck.
The GMC Canyon is back, and is packed with more standard features, amenities, and style than ever before. Everything about this midsize pickup truck is improved, thanks to advancing technology and changing demands. The 2015 GMC Canyon has a great list of first-in-class features, setting it apart from every other midsize pickup truck on the market.
Drivers can choose from various trim levels and cab sizes, to create the perfect Canyon to suit their unique needs.
Meet the All-New 2015 GMC Canyon
The GMC Canyon went on a brief hiatus starting in 2012, but it is back and better than ever before for the 2015 model year. The all-new 2015 Canyon sets a new standard for the midsize pickup truck segment, raising the bar on every aspect of the truck. Drivers will appreciate the refined interior, quieter cabin, and increased horsepower.
The 2015 Canyon not only completes GMC’s three truck family, it also is helping to redefine the entire midsize pickup truck segment. Discover the many changes made to the GMC Canyon for the 2015 model year below.
- Active aero grille shutters
- Standard CornerStep rear bumper design
- A split bed with an upper and lower section for two-tier loading
- Thirteen reconfigurable and four stationary tie-down locations throughout the bed
- Removable cargo tie down rings
- Bed rail and tailgate protectors
- Factory-installed spray-in bedliner
- Redesigned upright instrument panel with large instruments
- Central driver information center
- Center console mounted shift knob
- Sculpted headliner
- Upper instrument panel storage bin
- Standard center console with room to store a tablet
- Rear under-seat storage
- Optional heated leather seats
- OnStar 4G LTE with built in Wi-Fi hotspot
- Siri Eyes Free Mode for iOS users
- Teen driver feature
High Quality, Class-Exclusive Features
The all new 2015 GMC Canyon is loaded with impressive features - but more notable are the elements on the Canyon that are not available on any other vehicle in its segment. The 2015 GMC Canyon has a long list of class-exclusive features, all of which make the Canyon an even better option for drivers who really want it all.
Check out some of those first-in-class features below:
- Best in class fuel economy. With the available V6 engine, drivers can expect an impressive 26 miles per gallon on the highway, and 18 miles per gallon in the city.
- CornerStep Rear Bumpers are located at each end of the rear bumper, allowing easy access to the cargo bed, whether or not the tailgate is open.
- Duralife Brake Rotors
- Projector-beam headlamps with LED signature lighting
- Electric power steering
- Active Aero Grille Shutters close automatically at certain highway speeds, for enhanced efficiency through improved upon aerodynamics
- Lane Departure Warning and Forward Collision Alert work together to help avoid impending collisions, and reduce the risk of an accident.
- IntelliLink with an 8-inch diagonal color touch screen display
- AutoTrac automatic four-wheel drive works by employing an electronic transfer case that allows the driver to change from 2WD to 4WD, in a controlled manner.
- EZ-Lift and Lower Tailgate raises and lowers the tailgate with reduced effort due to the help of an internal torsion bar. The bar can be removed without tools, and is available on the Canyon as an optional feature.
Three Trim Levels to Choose From
The 2015 GMC Canyon is an incredible mid-size pickup truck that offers drivers an exceptional range of features. All 2015 Canyon models come standard with a 2.5-liter engine with a six-speed automatic transmission.
From the base model, to the fully-loaded SLT, each Canyon model offers a unique configuration of features that will satisfy anyone who gets behind the wheel. With each trim level, drivers can choose from a crew cab, extended cab, or a long box crew cab.
Check out the breakdown of each model below, and what it offers drivers.
Starting at just $27,935, the base Canyon model offers a great list of impressive standard features. Discover everything the base model includes below:
- 16-inch ultra silver metallic cast aluminum wheels
- Rear chrome bumper
- CornerStep rear bumper
- Daytime running lamps
- Black door handles
- LED signature projection-style headlamps
- Locking tailgate
- Manual folding outside mirrors
- 6-speaker audio system
- AM/FM stereo with a 4.2-inch diagonal color display
- Dual rear seats with underseat storage
- Rear vision camera
- 2-way manual passenger seat
- Single-zone manual air conditioning
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Driver and front passenger visors
- Daytime running lamps
- Electronic traction control
- Rear vision camera
- StabiliTrak stability control system
- Tire pressure monitor system
With a starting MSRP of $31,145, the next model offers a longer list of standard features, for the added price. Check out the features that this model offers, that the base Canyon leaves out.
- 17-inch blade silver metallic cast aluminum wheels
- Body-color door handles
- Fog lamps
- Chrome beltline moldings
- Outside power adjustable body-color mirrors
- Spotter mirror
- AM/FM SiriusXM stereo with an 8-inch diagonal color touch screen with IntelliLink
- Aluminum interior trim
- 2 USB charging ports located on the rear of the center console
- Rear window electric defogger
- Interior rearview mirror with auto-dimming feature
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- OnStar with 4G LTE and optional Wi-Fi
- OnStar with 6 months of Directions and Connections Plan
- OnStar Basic plan for five years
- Remote keyless entry system
- Steering wheel mounted audio controls
- Unauthorized entry theft deterrent system
- USB port located inside of center console
The third and final trim level of the 2015 GMC Canyon starts at $33,855. It includes everything that the first two models incorporate, as well as the following standard features:
- 18-inch polished cast aluminum wheels
- Chrome door handles
- Outside heated chrome mirrors featuring power adjustability
- Heated front passenger and driver seats
- Power lumbar support control for driver’s seat
- Power lumbar support for front passenger seat
- Four-way power front passenger seat
- Factory-installed remote vehicle start system
- Single-zone automatic air conditioning