When BMW first introduced its X6 vehicle in 2008, they quickly realized that its unique presentation left it difficult to categorize. The X6 seems to be styled somewhere between a crossover vehicle, and sport sedan. Because it did not fit perfectly into a segment, BMW created their own. The X6 was labeled a Sports Activity Coupe - despite the fact that all models of the X6 have four doors, typical of a sedan.
The BMW X6 just ended its first generation, which debuted in 2014 at the Paris Motor Show. The 2015 X6 is the first in the vehicle’s second generation, and has received many updates for its newest model year, including a redesigned exterior, and added interior room. BMW designed the X6 for power. The new exterior design, materials used, and the engine that sits under the hood - were all brought together to bring drivers the ultimate power and performance. In usual BMW fashion, the interior of the X6 is a work of art - brimming with luxury upgrades, amenities, and the newest in-vehicle technology.
New and Improved for 2015
The 2015 BMW X6 is a redesigned Sport Activity Coupe, with more room, better performance, and a whole new look. The first model year in the vehicle’s second generation, the 2015 X6 builds on top of the success of its first generation, for a better driving experience all around. Discover some of the areas in which the brand new 2015 BMW X6 has improved, by reading below.
- New Standard Features - For 2015, the X6 comes with a longer list of standard amenities and equipment. The updated standard features include bi-xenon headlights, 19-inch alloy wheels, 8-speed Steptronic sport transmission, steering wheel shift paddles, automatic tailgate operation, leather trim, auto-dimming rear view mirror, two-zone climate control, and BMW’s ConnectedDrive Driving Assistant safety package. 40/20/40 split and folding rear seats allow for ultimate cargo capacity and flexibility. All X6 models now have standard seating for five passengers, having eliminated the rear bucket seats from previous model years.
- New Performance - For the first time ever, the X6 is offered as a rear-wheel drive option. The optional V8 engine has increased power over previous models, and each engine comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Drivers can opt to add a self-leveling air suspension to adjust the height of the vehicle’s rear axle, for increased driving dynamics.
- New Exterior Design - The exterior of the 2015 X6 has been completely redesigned, and features a more athletic and sporty appearance. The redesigned exterior incorporates a lightweight sheet metal, for a weight reduction of twenty pounds. New Interior - The interior of the all-new X6 boasts more rear seat room than ever before, as well as updated electronics and in-vehicle technology.
Designed for Power & Performance
Every detail that went into the redesign of the 2015 BMW X6 was purposeful, and practical. From the coupe-like roofline, the front air dam, and air breather behind the front fender, this version of the X6 is meant to perform on all levels. Aside from the increased performance, the design also gives the X6 a distinct look - sure to turn heads wherever it travels. Discover ways that BMW engineers and designers, worked to ensure that the new X6 would be more powerful and sleeker than ever before.
- Powerful Engine Options - Drivers can choose from two different engines on the 2015 X6. The base 35i comes as either an all-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive option. The 3.0-liter engine gets 300 horsepower, and 300 lb.-ft. of torque. Featuring advanced technology such as BMW’s TwinPower Turbo, High Precision Direct Fuel Injection, Double-VANOS and Valvetronic variable intake, and a twin-scroll turbocharger - this engine is made to perform. For drivers who want even more power, the 50i engine gets up to 445 horsepower and 480 lb.-ft. of torque. It features all of the advanced technology seen on the 35i, as well as a TwinPower Turbo V8, and BMW’s throttle-less intake system.
- Dynamic Power Control - This advanced system works by distributing power between the rear wheels for a more sporty handling and increased agility. The outside wheel takes more torque during cornering, allowing for a smooth transition into curves while the active roll stabilization utilizes anti-roll bars for a stronger body roll resistance and maximum agility. Driving Dynamics Control - For drivers who want to be in complete control of their vehicle, this system is a must. With the simple touch of a button, drivers are able to choose from SPORT, SPORT+, COMFORT+, or ECO PRO modes, to help keep their driving on point, despite changing road conditions.
- Advanced Intelligent All-Wheel Drive System - BMW’s own xDrive all-wheel drive system monitors the road’s changing conditions, and adapts by sending power to the wheel with the best footing. Improved traction, handling, and control, are all a part of this optional system.
An Interior Unlike Any Other
The interior of the 2015 BMW X6 is as luxurious as ever before. Featuring added comfort, amenities, and advanced technology, the newest X6 is every bit impressive as it is powerful. Each aspect of the X6’s interior comes to life, for added practicality, functionality, and comfort.
- Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster - This unique feature comes standard on all 2015 X6 models. Nine different ambient lighting designs radiate throughout the cabin and change colors depending on which driving mode is being used.
- Luxury Beyond Compare - The X6 features one of the most luxurious interior cabins in its class. Optional 20-way multi-contour seats adorned in rich Nappa Leather, wrap its passengers in comfort and class. Fineline Pure wood trim is featured throughout the cabin for added luxury. Drivers and passengers will appreciate the powerful 16 speaker Harman Kardon Surround Sound SYstem that comes standard on the X6 xDrive50i, and optional on other models.
- Advanced In-Vehicle Technology - For added luxury and convenience, drivers will enjoy BMW’s unique ConnectedDrive technology suite. Drivers can dictate and send emails without lifting a finger, or taking their eyes off the road. The Head-Up Display projects pertinent driving information directly onto the windshield, making driving more convenient, and safer.