In 2006, the German automaker, Audi, introduced its all-new supercar. The Audi R8 was exclusively engineered, developed, and manufactured by Quattro GmbH, Audi AG’s high performance private subsidiary company.
The R8 is based on the platform of the Lamborghini Gallardo, and is built using space frame principles. Prior to becoming a road car, the Audi R8 has been a successful race car around the world.
The R8 road car was introduced to the public for the first time at the Paris Auto Show in 2006, and is still one of the most impressive and exotic supercars in the world.
The R8 is back for the 2015 model year, and is offered to drivers in three different trim levels. Each model offers a different engine type, as well as exterior and interior features. Audi also loaded the 2015 R8 with plenty of new safety measures, to ensure that driving is safe both on and off the track.
The two-seat supercar was created for one reason and one reason only - speed.
Three Trim Levels for Three Performance Levels
The 2015 Audi R8 was not created to take the kids to school, pick up groceries, or bring the dog to the groomer. The highly sophisticated, well-appointed, and powerful supercar exists to go fast. How fast is fast enough, is entirely up to the driver of the R8.
Drivers can choose from one of three engine offerings, each with its own unique spin on the iconic supercar. Discover the power that lies within each engine, and other unique features that set it a part from the model before it.
- V8 - This powerful 4.2-liter FSI V8 engine boasts 430 horsepower, and 317 lb.-ft. of torque under its hood. A powerful 32-valve DOHC with variable valve timing, and an aluminum double wishbone front and rear suspension, help this V8 deliver on all of its promises. A six-speed manual transmission with Audi’s Quattro all-wheel drive system, gives the driver ultimate control regardless of speed. The advanced electromechanical power steering system makes tackling curves and turns a breeze, and offers more control than ever before. Drivers can expect to take their R8 V8 from 0 to 60 miles per hour in just 4.4 seconds. While it’s speed and power is apparent, check out what else the Audi R8 has to offer below:
- Comfort & Convenience - Alcantara leather seating surfaces cover the two seats, which both offer twelve-way power adjustability and four-way power lumbar support. A three spoke multifunction sport steering wheel offers maximum convenience and control. Black silk matte decorative interior inlays are present throughout the cabin, while the Monoposto-design instrument panel brings all of the R8’s stats into center view. The integrated Bluetooth wireless technology for smart phones, features safety belt microphones for an added level of convenience.
- Exterior - A singleframe grille is aesthetically pleasing, while it simultaneously works to enhance the performance of the R8. A uniquely-designed adaptive rear spoiler automatically deploys at 75 miles per hour, and retracts when the R8 slows down to 50 miles per hour.
- V10 - Even more powerful than the V8, this 5.2-liter FSI V10 engine allows for 525 horsepower and 391 lb.-ft. of torque. A 40-valve DOHC valve train with continuous intake and exhaust camshaftadjustment, makes for a precision-focused ride. This R8 powerhouse is paired with a six-speed manual transmission withquattro all-wheel drive, and can go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in just 3.8 seconds. With a top track speed of 196 miles per hour, this R8 V10 model is the perfect track-worthy supercar.
- Comfort & Convenience - A richly appointed cockpit features fine Nappa leather seats, a leather center console, parking brake, door trims, and knee pads. The two front seats are also heated, and feature the same standard amenities as the V8 model.
- Exterior - The exterior of the R8 V10 model is largely the same as the V8. The difference lies in the Audi side blades, and the R8 V10 flared side sills. Carbon Sigma engine compartment inlays, also help this model stand apart from the base R8.
- V10 Plus - For maximum power and performance, drivers should turn to the 2015 Audi R8 V10 Plus model. Featuring a 5.2-liter FSI V10 engine, this R8 model makes 550 horsepower, and 398 lb.-ft. of torque. The R8 V10 Plus model boasts impeccable steering response, thanks to the hydraulically assisted rack and pinion steering system. Drivers can go from 0 to 60 in 3.7 seconds, and reach a top speed of 198 miles per hour. With all of that power, Audi includes their ceramic brakes on this model of the R8, as well as an R8 V10 plus sport suspension calibration. The interior of the R8 V10 Plus is the same as the R8 V10, but the exterior includes enhancements that no other R8 model includes.
- Exterior - Featuring R8 V10 Plus exterior appearance package, which includes Titanium Gray front inlet and rear outlet grilles, and a rear center section. Unique R8 V10 flared side sills, and Carbon Sigma Audi side blades, also make this R8 model unique.
Driving a supercar should never be taken lightly. With all of the power and performance under the hood of the R8, Audi has taken the car’s safety to a whole new level. Check out some of the safety features available on the 2015 Audi R8.
- Parking System Plus - This advanced safety feature includes a rear view camera system which provides an added level of visibility while backing up.
- Hill Hold Assist - This advanced technology works by keeping the R8 stationary once it has stopped. Uphill and downhill rolling are automatically prevented, making hill starts with a manual transmission easier, and safer, than ever before.
- Audi Backguard System - Complete with adjustable head restraints, this advanced system works by keeping passenger’s head and neck safe at even the fastest speeds.
The 2015 Audi R8 combines the most innovative power, performance, and safety technology, for an unparalleled driving experience both on and off the track.